Please support the Pali Text Society
The Pali Text Society is non-profit making and depends on the sale of its publications, on members' subscriptions and on the generosity of donors.
Donors may specify a particular use for their donation or leave it for the general purposes of the Society.
If you wish to donate, please send money via one of the following options:
- By credit card. We accept Mastercard, Visa and Visa Debit.
- By cheque or bank draft in £ Sterling. Please make all cheques payable to the Pali Text Society.
- By cheque in US dollars. Please add sufficient to cover UK bank conversion charges.
- By postal or money orders or by currency in £ Sterling or US Dollars.
- By bank transfer. For information security reasons we no longer include bank account details on this page.
Please contact us directly for more information.
- You can also use this donation form: Pali Text Society Donation Form (PDF)
You can make your donations go further with this form (PDF).
Sponsor a book
In the past, many people have made donations in the name of family or friends to help with the printing costs of new books and reprints. We would like to encourage members and others to continue this tradition. The name of the person in whose memory the donation is made will be included in the book. In addition to being a fitting memorial, donations of this type will help further the aims of the Society and keep prices as low as possible.
- There is no minimum or maximum set for donations towards printing books, any amount will be acknowledged.
- The donor can specify a book that he / she wishes to sponsor, though it should be noted that some books sell more quickly than others and donors may have to wait long if a slow selling book is chosen which we still have in stock.
- If no book is being specified, the donation will be used for the publication that is being printed / reprinted next.
- The acknowledgement lasts for one print / reprint only, which usually produces 150 to 200 copies of one publication. The cost of one such print run is around £ 2,000.
- Depending on the amount of the donation, the wording in the sponsored book will read,
(1) "The printing of this book was made possible by the generous donation of [name]" or "The printing of this book was made possible by a generous donation in memory of [name]" for donations covering the full cost of printing; or
(2) "The printing of this book was made possible in part by the generous donation of [name]" or "The printing of this book was made possible in part by a generous donation in memory of [name]" for donations covering part of the cost of printing.
- For instructions on how to pay please see above. Our contact details can be found here.
[back to top]